Thursday 17 September 2009

Seasons - How Do You Like Yours?

Seasons - everyone knows them, everyone experiences them...it's a natural phenomenon.

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter

Each has their ups and their downs - I shall briefly explain about each of them, and conclude once I have weighed up the pros and cons.

Spring --

The first thing that popped into my mind was 'Spring forward' - the clocks change. Again, everyone in England has to change their clocks, one hour forward in springtime. Therefore, bad news people, one hour less in bed. This is a bad thing. And you frequently find on the Sunday morning, fewer people in church - or more people who are late...and you all know why. However, it means we have entered British Summer Time - hooray for summer.

Spring though, has its ups...cute little lambs and birds are born and it's very cute...and you have the Easter Bunny. And trees and foliage begin to grow back, and it's all very seasonal...but it's still cold.

Summer --

Summer is the time of long holidays! Ohhh yeah. This year I had four months of holiday where I did beach mission in Llandudno, a ten day trip to Romania and a week's holiday in France. I loved every week. I enjoyed Romania the most...brilliant times being able to share the gospel with kids over there! Summer therefore, has the appealing factor that I can go to Romania again.

However...in the summer, bees and wasps come out. I do not like this. I cannot deal with buzzy things...especially things that can sting. I have been told several times that bees won't sting you unless they feel they are in danger...but there's always a first time that a nasty bee that will decide to change nature's course!

But summer does have better weather, and I get to wear shorts and sandals, and get a tan - oh, and it's my birthday in the summer!

Autumn --

Autumn is the opposite of spring. In the USA, autumn is called 'fall'...and in the rhyme, 'Spring forward, fall back' - therefore we change to Greenwich Mean Time, and we move our clocks back an hour - an extra hour in bed, hooray!

But, leaves begin to fall off trees - it starts getting cold, my shorts are put into hibernation for the rest of the year...this is sad, because my shorts are awesome. However, we get crunchy leaves - this is fun. I love going for walks when the leaves are nice and crunchy...it warms my heart. And bonfire night also falls within autumn - and that brings fireworks.

Winter --

Winter always makes me feel a little sad - it's the furthest time away from my birthday, and in Narnia, the witch brought on winter. However...winter has CHRISTMAS! Need I say more?

Brisk walks with warm coats and hats...and catching snow on your tongue, and slipping on ice - it's all lovely. Wrapped up and sitting by a warm toasty fire...hmm...it's lovely just thinking about it.

--------------------------

To conclude, each of these seasons have their ups and downs - but I have to say that summer and winter are at the top. Summer probably just wins because the weather is lovely, I have the chance to do missions in new places and it's just fun. Winter comes second because I'm just not a huge fan of the cold...I get a bright red nose...this, I do not find fun. Spring and autumn are lovely...but just not my favourites.

3 comments:

  1. this is well funny!! i like winter best.

    also, why can't i follow your blog huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not half so depressed about it being Autumn now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big up AUTUMN. u shud experience it in Brussels steph... *hint hint*... there was a MOUNTAIN of crunchy leaves in the park near the palace yesterday. And I will walk by it again tomorrow on the way to church... maybe i will take a photo for you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete