Thursday 17 September 2009

Perudo and Gerard Butler - An Amazing Combination

Now, first of all, I'm not saying that these two things will be to everyone's taste. But it is to me, so please read on and find out just exactly why...

Perudo was designed in Peru...a long time ago, and made into an official game in 1988 (I did not just wikipedia that, right there.) It's a bluffing game using dice. In a usual set, you have 30 die, and six cups - therefore, six people can play with the five specifically coloured dice which match a specifically coloured cup. Very fun.

It's complicated to explain on a blog...so if you wish to find out how to play phone me, facebook me, snail-mail me, text me, whatever...and we shall arrange a time to play. But I shall continue onto why I love it so much, as opposed to, how to play.

I was first taught how to play on my youth club holiday about 3 years ago...*hold please*

-- I have just noticed that Perudo, that was made in Peru, has 'peru' in the title! PERUdo ! --

*and continue* ...by my youth leaders. I immediately loved the game, as did most other people at my youth club. This is a reason why I love it so, apart from loving Jesus, these friends of mine also share something with me, in knowing how to play perudo, and loving it (just not as much as Jesus).

I also love the game because whenever I watch 'Pirates of the Caribbean 2' with my friends, and Orlando and Davey Jones play perudo, I feel pretty cool because I tend to be the only one who says 'I wish I knew what they were playing' - Haha! If only they knew that they were sitting next to a perudo master! Or just someone who has the game, anyway.

Great game...play it!



Next - Gerard Butler...apart from being Scottish and awesome, he's an amazing actor. He plays several types of character, and has avoided being typecast - well done, sir. He has played bad guys...

Attila the Hun, Phantom of the Opera, and Dracula.

and good guys...

Gerry Kennedy, King Leonidas, One Two, Andre Marek

(again, if you want to watch these films...come see me, I have them!)

I first saw him in 'The Phantom of the Opera' in 2006 when I had a long summer holiday - and I loved the film. Some say I only like the film because he's in it - but I loved it long before I became a fan of him...and I didn't love it first time because of his looks, because you can't really see his face in the film. Therefore, I am a genuine fan of this film! It's great...he does play an evil guy, but I feel sorry for him every time I watch it.

I have also met this fine man...in Sept 2008 just before coming to uni. I loved that day! I had a big cheesy grin on my face for days...mainly because,

Gerry (yes, we're on short names terms now) came over and signed loads of pictures for people...he was charming. I complimented him on his work in 'Dear Frankie' (watch it!), and he seemed startled when I mentioned it (I can only assume because all the other girls in the crowd 'love' him in PS: I Love You - they aren't 'true' fans)...'Dear Frankie' was a film that he made before he became famous, and one that he's really proud of, but it's not really recognised by fans...apart from me! Anyway...he thanked me, smiled at me - not just at the crowd, at *me*...and walked away. I looked down and noticed he hadn't signed my picture, so I looked up and said 'Gerry!' - he turned around and looked at me, looked at my picture, and took the time to come back to me to sign my picture, and I thanked him, he said 'You're very welcome', and he smiled at me, again - and then walked away with his personal assistant. That little moment right there was great. I can only imagine what would have happened had his PA not have been there...we would have gotten talking, and who knows, numbers may have been exchanged...one can only imagine.

But yes...he's a great guy, and if we met up, I would first tell him about the gospel...and tell him the great news about Jesus and the sacrifice he paid. Hopefully, he would seek to start his own relationship with God. Then I would teach him perudo...



1 comment:

  1. haaaaaa i love this post. its my favourite so far. i also have a new appreciation of gerry knowing how actually lovely he was to you int he flesh. ur such a true fan. :D

    ReplyDelete