Monday 16 August 2010

Mystery Bloggers

I love getting replies to my blogs, it gives me a brief ego-boost and my little heart leaps a little as my mind says "Yes! Someone appreciates my blogs!".

Then I click on read comments, or words to that effect...and I find this strange comment written in, I can only guess, Chinese. No translation. I'm always fairly confused by them. Who are these people who are, hopefully, reading my blog? Why would they comment in their mother tongue when clearly they can see I am only fluent in English. I have made no claims to have gone to China, have Chinese relatives or speak the faintest bit of Chinese. I have made claims that I enjoy playing Perudo, which originated in Peru...so where are all the Peruvians not commenting on my blog, hey? Or the Romanians? I understand a very very minimal amount of Romanian...which is more I can say for Chinese.

Sometimes I'll receive a translation with my message, but the messages tend to be more like what I'd find in a fortune cookie. It's a free fortune cookie...although, they have no relevance to anything.

If you can explain the origins of these mystery bloggers, please let me know.

1 comment: