Wednesday 12 May 2010

Would you like a hot drink?

The answer?

Yes, please.

I love a nice hot drink now and then.

For years and years, I'd only ever have hot chocolate as my hot drink...this was seen as unusual, but it made me unique. Last May, I tried tea for the first time. It is now my staple hot drink, and I no longer have that specific uniqueness in that area of my life. Sad times.

BUT! This tea phase of my life has begun...and it means now I can accept offers of tea, cream teas, afternoon teas, and feel part of it!

Another fun thing I can do is that if someone offers you a drink, I can hold my hands up in the shape of a 'T' and people will chuckle, and know juuuust what I'm requesting. The only problem comes when they ask about sugar and milk...hmm...maybe I should think of a sign.

Drinking tea makes me feel more like an adult too...I am being a sheep, COMPLETELY. This is what adults do, therefore, I now feel more like an adult.

The pros and cons of drinking tea, eh. Who'd have thought it would this complex?

Oh well...I'm over it. Right, off to put the kettle on...would you like a hot drink?

1 comment:

  1. Ah steph I am SO pleased to hear this... our house will be the super house of tea next year!! Me, Hann and Rach are all MASSIVE tea drinkers too.... Rach and Hann almost drunk me all out of tetleys teabags while they were each here!! :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete