Tuesday 4 May 2010

Communications

Communication has expanded recently, it's hard not to notice. What with facebook, msn, Skype, to name but a few.

Despite the masses saying that online communication removes elements from a relationship. Sometimes you seem to find you will start appreciating those removals.

In life, I have met people who often say things that make you feel so small and inferior, and that I don't really have the right to say anything - because whatever I say will be ridiculed. And it happens...so what can you do?

Not much if you don't like person to person confrontation...but using online communications can help straighten out problems and get across everything you want to say. However, this is awkward but removes the chance of a heated direct discussion...as you can think of what to say, and then type. Whereas person to person you can say things which can frequently be taken the wrong way. People are all different...some can take comments, others can't. Some people can take comments from certain people, some people can only take certain comments from people. See what I'm getting at?

For example...

I can give comments and take them just as much...but sometimes there is a line. Constant criticism is past the line. I can cope with some criticism, who can't? But imagine being criticised for pretty much everything. Food habits, general life habits, and things you do that are different, not wrong but different. So, everything you hold dear is criticised. This is past the line. Once this is past, I feel small, insecure, rubbish...and I don't talk much because I know that anything will be criticised. This doesn't happen regularly, thankfully - but often people have to stand back and think have I been getting on this person's back an awful lot recently? If the answer is yes...then reconsider ridiculing them for the next little thing...

I love this song...

Is there a plank in your eye,
Big enough to walk on,
Big enough to build a ship,
Or even build a bonfire.

Don't point your brother and say 'Hey!',
You're doing it the wrong way hey hey,
Your own life is far from ok,
Don't point at the speck in your brother's eye when there's a whopping great plank in your own.

The actions are fabulous, and it has a great message. Before helping your brother with his problem, sort your own problems out...then you can help him properly without anything getting in your way! Isn't that great?!

I know I can be just as bad...but writing this blog right now really reminds me to take a step back and apologise for any rudeness. Sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment