Thursday 30 December 2010

Updated Bucket List

Well, a while back I decided to do my list of things to do before I turn 30...and I thought I'd let you know how I was getting on with it all. To be honest, I'd forgotten the things I'd written and looking back over the points I had made, made me feel that I have made progress!

My list was....

- witness snow on Christmas day
- learn to play an interesting instrument (not just your run of the mill mainstream ones!)
- work in Romania
- pass my degree
- buy a replica sword from The Lord of the Rings
- climb Ben Nevis
- take a shower under a waterfall

First and foremost...there WAS snow on Christmas Day 2010. Yes, this has JUST happened!

Secondly, learn to play an interesting instrument. For Christmas this year, I got under the tree a UKULELE - which I have never played before ever...but have been playing and learning the chords and would consider myself to have completed the basics of the ukulele. Therefore...this has been done! Yes

Third, working in Romania...hmm. This was when I had the idea of learning the language, and being able to work with churches over there. Well, I am very very very bad at learning languages...so this development will not happen unless I can magically learn how to roll my 'R's - I cannot do it. No matter how hard I try...my tongue will not roll. I think it's the same as some people can curl their tongue, others can't...I can curl my tongue...but cannot make it roll to be fluent in this eastern European language.

Fourth! My degree is coming on nicely - I have a little under half a year left before I can successfully say I have finished - then have to wait a bit longer to find out if I have a degree, then a little bit longer to wear a funny hat and cloak and receive a tube, and have an awkward picture taken to go up on the wall... I'm stoked!

Fifth...I think I might take this one out. I can't be bothered. Plus, on the other side, I have bought myself a BB gun which reminds me of one in 'Mr and Mrs Smith'. I'll change it to mean, have something that resembles a piece of film memorabilia. Completed!

Siiiiiiiixth. Climb Ben Nevis. Still want to do this! Just need to find the companions, and the time to do it. Then I'm up there in a flash!

Seventh. Have a shower under a waterfall - ok, can't say I've done this...unless you count getting tripped on in a random Romanian cave we explored...without helmets, without harnesses, without torches...what is health and safety anyway? Who cares? I had fun climbing up a rope tied to a small tree at the top of the cave, and having to climb my way up and if I let go, would plunge to my death. It was so much fun! I'll make a new one: to have fun in a dark, wet, Romanian pit cave - done!

Right, well that's my list updated for you so far...and ones to do for next time are:

- Get my driving licence
- Come up with a decent chant to use at a sports game
- Finish some of the books I'm reading.

These sound a bit like New Year's Resolutions -but they're not. I have a whole 10 years to complete these...bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment